Bajra has immense health benefits and uses.
- Bajra has some medicinal properties when bread is eaten with honey in the morning. It is specially effective for bleeding piles, epilepsy, insomnia, impotency, high blood pressure, diabetes and tuberculosis.
- It is easily digestible and has the lowest probability of causing allergic reactions.
- Bajra, being gluten free, is a very good food choice for those suffering from celiac disease who cannot tolerate gluten.
- It is highly effective and recommended for cases of severe constipation and stomach ulcers.
- The presence of phytic acid and niacin in bajra helps in lowering the cholesterol.
- Being rich in fiber content , bajra is good for diabetics, keeping the glucose levels normal.
- This whole grain supports weight loss as the high fiber content leads to a feeling of fullness for a prolonged period of time.
- It is helpful in maintaining cardiovascular health and in acidity problems.